In Intellectual Property Lawyers, students will learn about a career in which people help protect the creative works of others. As people continue to create new designs, books, and technology, lawyers will be needed more and more to make sure these things are not used by others without permission.
Seed Learning’s Future Jobs Readers is a new nonfiction series that explores exciting new careers that may soon become available to young people today. The series explains the type of work these careers will entail along with the kind of study and experience they require. Many of the careers that the series focuses on relate to developing technologies with applications in many different fields. In particular, the series aims to spark the interest of readers in considering the study of STEM-related subject areas that can open up new horizons for the next generation in the workplace.
- Provide informative descriptions of what people do in various careers along with basic requirements for entering certain fields
- Allow learners to develop their reading fluency through extensive reading practice
- Present strictly controlled vocabulary over the graded levels of the series
- Include comprehension questions in each reader to encourage learner accountability
- Highlight both subject-specific and level-appropriate terms in succinct glossary pages
- Suggest additional topics for students to research and discuss on “Teachers’ Notes” pages